Friday, November 16, 2007

What in the world are we doing here?

I have been in Mexico since June 2007 on a one year mission to work with the local church, telling people the good news that God's forgiveness, presence and life through Jesus Christ is available right now. But what is faith without action? Jesus said that we will always have the poor with us and therefore we take every opportunity to meet the needs off the poor here in Nogales in the name of Jesus. Put another way, we are being the hands and feet of Jesus in Nogales.

I have been thinking about setting up a blog for a while. Many people tell me that they can find no web presence to learn more about Cuirim Outreach. I hope that this blog will help.

In future posts, I will explain in more detail about the work of Cuirim Outreach and my adventures here as God directs my path to bring me into contact with those who need to hear God's truth. In the meantime, enjoy this picture of some of the kids in the neighborhood helping me shovel sand off of the truck for use in making mortar.



2 comments:

Suesue said...

Steve, I just got your email and this blogspot is an excellent idea! I already have it in my favorites. May God continue to show His love through the efforts of His people. Take good care! Love, Sue

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for keeping us posted. Seeing God at work in your life as he uses you to minister to the people in Nogales is so encouraging.